7 Qualities you need to become an Empowered Bride
Empowered Brides aren't usually born that way, they evolve with experience! But experience usually means struggling and who wants to do that? I'd like to give you a short cut to ease the struggle.
What do you need to become an Empowered Bride? It's not a pocket planner or an app on your phone - it's valuable qualities that will stay with you for life. If you're missing any of these it will likely cause you some heartache and challenge. See for yourself:
1. Confidence - in you, your marriage, your plans, your relationships. Self-confidence makes everything easier, and it's possible to build self-confidence while taking this journey!
2. Clarity - a clear vision for where you are headed and how you're going to get there. No two wedding plans are ever the same so you can't get it out of a book! Each wedding is unique and comes from the hearts and minds of the couple and is influenced by a million different elements including friends and family, budget, creative skills, experiences, and so on.
3. Communication - with your spouse-to-be, parents, in-laws, wedding party, and vendors. Good communication is built on trust, honesty, respect, and acceptance and is going to influence your relationships. Communication and relationships will deepen with practice, wither with neglect, or erupt with conflict. Which do you choose?
4. Assertiveness - being able to speak up for yourself and for what you really want comes with clarity and confidence and is a crucial part of communication. Assertiveness is NOT Aggressiveness or Micromanagement and is best balanced by Active Listening.
5. Harmony. If you're not feeling harmonious with the people in your life, in the plans that you are developing, and with life in general, it is really hard to feel empowered. Conflict resolution skills are an essential life skill. Be prepared and be proactive to keep harmony a top priority. Harmony is an offspring of good communication.
6. Accountability - getting things done in a timely manner so that you don't have added stress. You can do it on your own but having an accountability partner gives you the added oomph to push past those moments when you feel drained or unmotivated.
7. Initiative/Drive/Motivation - all bundled up, these qualities are the opposite of Procrastination, but are sometimes elusive when your thoughts, feelings and emotions get hijacked.
If you have all these qualities - GREAT! You are on your way to being an Empowered Bride. If you feel you could use some help, even if it's just dealing with others who lack these qualities, then I'm happy to help out. Having a wedding coach is like having the author of a self-help book working side by side with you to navigate and learn along the way.
For your free consultation, please Contact Me.